Kyoto Knives are guaranteed to be free of defects in material and/or craftsmanship. Any item claimed as defective must be returned to us for inspection. Our warranty does not apply if the damage is due to what we define as normal wear, or use other than the intended purpose of the item. Certain types of damages and/or conditions such as those due to age or improper treatment would void our warranty. Replacements for items no longer available may be made with similar items of equal value, at our option.
We want you to enjoy many years of use with these precision cutting instruments. Always remember to exercise these safety measures.
- Always cut away from your body and never toward it.
- If the knife drops out of your hand, allow it to fall. Never attempt to catch a falling knife.
- Never toss a knife.
- Do not run with a knife in your hand and never walk with the point of a knife facing another person or yourself.
- Always keep knives away from children.
- Your knives should always be maintained and sharpened. Sharp knives are safer than a dull one because it requires less pressure to cut.
- Never use the tip of a knife to pry a container open as it may cause the tip to break.
- Never run your fingers along the edge of the blade to test the sharpness of the blade.
- Always use your knives on a firm surface such as a wooden, bamboo, or polyethylene cutting board.
- Improper use such as attempting to cut frozen food can damage your knives and void your warranty.